Here are what, IMO, are the major mobile device markets that I think indie publishers and writers should go after:
- iBookstore – Currently reaching through Smashwords.
- Kindle – Currently reaching through Kindle Direct Publishing.
- Nook – Currently reaching through PubIt!
- Kobo – Currently reaching through Smashw0rds (only not really); they may open an indy-friendly pub access later this year.
- Sony – Currently reaching through Smashwords, but very slowly.
- Feedbooks.com (the top listing for Aldiko, Moon+) – looks like authors can self-publish. I will be checking this out in more depth later.
- Books on Board (Aldiko) – also allows authors to self-publish. Again with the checking out.
- All Romance (Aldiko) – taking ebooks. More later.
- Smashwords (Aldiko, Moon+) – Currently reaching through Smashwords.
- OverDrive (liberry!) – Researching how to get onto here; have to register as a publisher with them.
- eReader – website says, “A Barnes & Noble Company,” but my PubIt! books aren’t listed. More research.
- Mobipocket – websites says it’s an Amazon company, but my KDP books aren’t listed.
Google books…well, they’re just kind of an unknown at this point.
Here’s my current wish list of publishing sites for my books:
- Kindle Direct Publishing
- OverDrive (wish)
- Kobo (wish)
- Sony (wish)
To check out:
- All Romance
- Books on Board