I have stuff to celebrate today! No new book contracts or anything, but good stuff. Plus, I have enough on the alien feast done that I don’t want to spend an hour researching stuff this morning…WRITECITEMENT!
- I bought up the leftover Choose Your Doom: Zombie Apocalypse books back from the Pikes Peak Writers’ Conference. So now if you’d like to buy a signed copy, let me know. (I’m still nagging to get the outstanding reviewers’ copies owed from Doom Press.)
- League Entertainment, which covers Doom Press, has set up what sounds like an unprecedented deal with Ingram (major distributor), so they can go directly through Ingram’s rather than a third-party…which should mean that our constant distribution problems are over. I hope. I really hope this means we can move forward with Book 2 soon.
- I had a story, “Miracle, TX,” published at Nil Desperandum as an audiostory. Yesterday, I did a phone interview with the editor, Jim Phillips. He asked some really interesting questions that I had to answer from my subconscious, because I hadn’t fully thought them through before. Plus, good things about CYD:ZA said there, too.
- Important milestone for Wonderland Press: I started out June with 11 things up; on the 22nd I had sold, on average, two copies per story. On my third real month of publishing, without any novels to help pull up numbers. From various people I’ve talked to, I guesstimated hitting 5 per month when I had around 30-35 stories up, so I feel like I’m on track after a month of second-guessing myself. If I count the free stories, I have a LOT more stories out this month, but I’m still playing around with how to think about that. I totally wish more of my stories went out free.
- Back of the Book Reviews gave me an abundance of review love this month, on Zombie Girl Invasion, Bunny Attack!, and The Debt: A Zombie Tale. HOW?!? I’ve been watching how many books they review. HOW?!? My powers of speed-reading now seem so weak. But I love it.
- There are probably more good things, but I’m in a bubbly mood, and I’m hungry, so it’s time to work on the cooking cozy, which reminds me, Ian said nice things about chapter 1 yesterday: “This is a delightful beginning. Your voice has improved remarkably since the last time I read some of your work. This feels very natural and has an excellent flow to it. I enjoyed reading it. :)”
Ian just posted this: