…the art of splitting people into two groups and trying to be both of them.
- WTF, dude, none of this makes any sense.
- Character voice is good.
- Lyrical, poetic.
- Starts with a showy bit of action or witty dialogue that comes completely out of nowhere.
- “But can’t you just get this? Are you stupid? I explain this on page 50…”
- Stiff, wooden characters and speech.
- Actually has some kind of sane overall structure.
- Starts by explaining the crap out of everything in the most laborious way possible, but manages to still be confusing.
- “I’m just writing the movie in my head. It’s not my fault that you’re bored.”