Can men write romances?
OF COURSE THEY CAN, AND THEY DO.
However, a lot of male romance writers feel they have to write under female pen names and/or initials to hide their gender–and that’s just wrong. Here are some of the male writers (or partners including a male writer) of romance I’ve been able to track down:
- M.L. (Matt) Buchman
- Victoria Gordon/Gordon Aalborg
- Madeleine Ker/Marius Gabriel
- Gill Sanderson/Roger Sanderson
- Fran Vincent/Vince Brach
- Leigh Greenwood/Harold Lowry
- Madeleine Brent/Peter O’Donnell
- Emma Blair/Ian Blair
- Jessica Blair/Bill Spence
- Laura London/Tom and Sharon Curtis
- Emma Darcy/Frank and Wendy Brennan
More resources (a.k.a., I’m still working through these):
If you know of more, please let me know 🙂