A door opened, and an apocalypse stepped in.
- It wasn’t something that could be helped, really. I mean, it might have escaped from a government lab, but it was a perfect storm, a once in a million years incident of bad luck.
- Only, something decided to exploit that bad luck. It went beyond chance or an act of nature or anything like that. It was of purely evil intent.
- Good God, why?
- We try to survive by keeping our heads low. It doesn’t work. Humans don’t work. But if that’s the case, what’s even left?
- Better just to lie down and die.
- But I will not. I will stand.
- I may resist and defeat that which has opportunistically made the bad situation worse. I may fall and be overcome. But I have stood.
This is, obviously, The Stand. But it’s also things like Braveheart, the Mad Max series, The Dark Tower, and more. Epic horror? Got it covered.